Friday, May 16, 2008

Samuel keeps growing & growing...

It is SO hard to believe that my baby is already two months old (see photos below)! The past two months have been alot of fun for me, but unfortunately it is back to reality! :) I started working from home on Wednesday and will continue to work from home until Samuel is 10 weeks old (May 27th). Samuel will then start to go to daycare with Kevin.

I have a very bittersweet feeling about this transition. I have savored each moment a little more this time around, not knowing if it will be my last...I have taken less pictures and instead spent hours memorizing every teeny, tiny feature of Samuel. I am hoping to remember this stage of life, but I know that somehow it will all be a big blur by the time he turns 3 (as it was with Kevin). Samuel & I have spent the last 8 weeks kissing, cuddling, talking, tickling, caressing, crying. laughing, cooing, smiling, and so much more! I feel so humbled and blessed that God would entrust me with this amazing little boy!

I have also spent more time with Kevin over the past 8 weeks... loving on him, singing with him (he doesn't know that I can't carry a tune!), reading to him, and making memories with him (lots & lots of "puppy" kisses!). After all, he is (and always will be) my #1 baby. And while his strong will makes me crazy at times, it is one of the things I love about him the most! After all, his determination to defy me and push the limits is also the same determination with which he constantly declares his love for me, his daddy, and his "brudder". He melts my heart like no other person can.

I am extremely thankful for my husband and the great way he has handled the past 8 weeks of emotional breakdowns, lack of sleep, and constant parade of relatives through our house! Not to mention that I have not gotten any better as a housekeeper or cook in the past 8 weeks -- mainly for lack of trying! :) He didn't ever complain that I spent all day at home and did not manage to get a meal on the table. And trust me, there was LOTS of those days! :) I am so blessed to have him to walk through life with!

So, while I am slightly teary-eyed that this chapter in our life is closing, I look forward to the great things God has in store for each of us in the days and weeks ahead!


Samuel at 7 weeks


Samuel at 8 weeks


No comments: