Monday, June 30, 2008

Dedication Bloopers

We had Samuel dedicated at church on Sunday. Needless to say, it was quite the experience...

My biggest fear is that Sam would puke on our pastor. I spent all week telling Sam that he didn't want to be known as the kid that puked on Brother Wes and that the title would follow him the rest of his life! I wasn't convinced that he would actually decide not to puke on his own, so...

I wouldn't let Sam have his full 9:00 bottle which meant he was slightly grouchy and required a pacifier. Brother Mark, our music minister, started the service and forgot about the baby dedication... so before we even got up there the whole thing was out of order! :) Once we got up on stage, Kevin immediately freaked out and wanted me to hold him, which I did and he buried his face in my shoulder. Brian handed Samuel to our pastor, Brother Wes, and Samuel immediately spit his pacifier out onto the stage. Brian picked it up and without even hesitating shoved it back into Sam's mouth. I was totally horrified!!! However, Brother Wes thought it was funny and made some joke about "you know he's a second baby when it goes right back in the mouth". Of course, that made the congregation laugh! :)

Among all the other craziness, Brother Wes left the certificate and bible in the pew and had to leave the stage to go get it. He tried to get Kevin to carry the bible, which of course got a "NO!" from Kevin. I tried to set Kevin down to walk down the steps of the stage and he tripped on the first step, so I basically ended up dragging him down the stairs! It was quite the time!

All in all, it was a bit crazy, but I consider it a true success that Sam didn't puke on Brother Wes.

Samuel dressed and ready for the dedication


Kevin and Samuel in the church foyer after the dedication


No comments: