Monday, October 27, 2008

Another Crazy Kevin Story

Brian & I went to the football game on Saturday and left the boys in the hands of a babysitter. We don't get one very often but Courtney has kept Kevin before. Although it has been awhile, because she hadn't ever met Sam.
In preparation, I started talking to him about Courtney a few days beforehand. I don't know where he gets this stuff, but here is the conversation as we laid in his bed for nap time:

Me: "Kevin, you need to go to sleep because Miss Courtney is going to come play with you in a little bit"
Kevin: "Mom, I like Courtney"
Me: "Good Kevin, I like Courtney too"
Kevin: "And you know what else? I like Courtney's dad"
Me: "Baby, I don't think you know Courtney's dad"
Kevin: "Yes, I do... his name is aww choo aww choo" (which is what the child calls R2D2 from Star Wars)

While I tried to contain myself, I couldn't help but laugh, which of course only encouraged his silliness. Needless to say he never did take a nap! :)

No comments: