Monday, January 5, 2009

Our New Year's Fun

Well, technically it wasn't New Year's... it was January 2nd, but I sure am hoping the rest of the year goes much more smooth in the Davis household! Friday morning, I went to work and Brian took the morning shift with Sam (since he can't go back to daycare yet). I think I made it through an hour of work before I got a call from the daycare telling me that Kevin had fell, hit the edge of the wall, and had a cut under his left eyebrow. The kid was hysterical (trust me, I could hear him in the background) and wouldn't let them put anything on it to stop the bleeding. So, I left work to go calm him and check it all out. By the time I got there, they had bribed him with a sucker (great idea!) and had the bleeding almost stopped.
I tried to call the pediatrician's office and of course, they were closed for the holiday, so I took him to the doctor's office Brian & I use with hopes that they would work him in. Sure enough, they were gracious enough to see us. I was pleasantly surprised that Kevin handled it all so well (maybe it was the hard hit to the head)... he let the nurse clean it off with some water and look at it. Then the doctor came in and he let the doctor look at it. And finally he laid down and let the nurse put a steri-strip on it. He did so well that he earned a green glove (his request) and a Kung Fu Panda sticker! :) The doctor did give me the choice of putting a couple stitches in it... but I didn't want to totally freak him out... and besides... he is a boy and scars are COOL! :)

Here he is that evening... still with the green glove! :)

No comments: